Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

January conundrum

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm not sure Max has done enough this season to make him wanted elsewhere tbh. Likewise Todd. This might be the point the model starts to unravel a bit as we now approach a window where we badly need a striker and possibly a DM if Normann is crocked yet we have no money.

Starting to think we return Gilmour and/or Williams and try other loan options.

I agree, and moving players on at this stage might prove problematic. 

Gilmour adds nothing as isn't what we need, so I'd free up that loan spot. I'd be inclined to keep Williams, but for me Gian should be first choice left back and proved he can play defensively but is far better than Williams going forward. I'd keep williams as he's solid backup on either side, especially if Aarons was moved on. I think Smith is improving the defence and I wouldn't change this much, unless we feel we can get better than Kabak? 

We need a CDM, but Sorensen might just be showing he's an answer. Whilst a good engine I still wonder what Mclean brings. Doesn't create too many chances, and doesn't add to the goals.

Cantwell continues to be an enigma. I don't think he's near the first team and needs to work his socks off in training. We have to hope Tzol & Rash will improve us, but Idah needs to go on loan, and we desperately need another striker, so surely this is where the money needs to be spent. Onel & Hugill aren't the answers imo

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm not sure Max has done enough this season to make him wanted elsewhere tbh. Likewise Todd. This might be the point the model starts to unravel a bit as we now approach a window where we badly need a striker and possibly a DM if Normann is crocked yet we have no money.

Starting to think we return Gilmour and/or Williams and try other loan options.

A forward loan is our best option, no one of 5he required ability will sign for us in January, so loan or loan with buy option works I think, send Williams back to allow it to happen, decent cover 5here now