Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Credit to the board

26 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

What about the wages of the other 11 players who have left or gone out on loan? Our wages won't have increased 

The transfer budget was based on getting a number of players in that would add to the wage budget.  Again I say in terms of transfers, this window has not cost us anything.  The salaries will be in the salary budget which also has been augmented by shipping so many out.  All good.

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

Compared to when? Compared to last season they'll probably be 2.5x - our wages are always high in the prem. Circa 80 million, maybe more.

Of course the wages will be higher in the PL, as they would have been for those leaving. The difference overall is what I meant. We now have 21 senior players and 5 U21s, which is fewer than last season and I doubt our new players were big earners at their former clubs so our wage bill is likely to be similar to two years ago when we had big earners like Klose, Fährmann, Amadou, Drmic and Duda who contributed little to the results achieved, modest as they were.

Edit: £80m would mean that our 26 players would be getting an average wage of £60k a week. My guess would be an average wage of £30k, so a wage bill of around £40m. Emi was on £25k a week when he left, for example, and he was one of our highest paid players.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72