Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

our 'experienced' back two of Hanley and Gibson

1 hour ago, Yellow and Green said:

I also agree. 

When our current midfielders are 5ft 7 and 5ft 8, they will be outmuscled and out fought against a lot of these Championship teams. Winning 50/50 challenges are so important. As someone (I think Roy Keane?) said, 'Once you match the opposition team physically, the outcome of the game will then be decided by talent'.  

That isn't a huge criticism, by the way. I think they are both good footballers and have plenty to offer. I just hope that Sorensen is a ball playing version of Tettey.

Think it's fair to say we do need a big brickhouse brexit FC style midfielder

Our first choice back four is as good as anything in the championship. With krul behind them, better. 

What needs to happen is cutting out the howlers and protecting them, which the holders are now starting to do better. 

too soon to comment on gibson tbh, wouldnt say he has done anything more that ok so far but i expect he will improve for match fitness.

Hanley was perfect for yestedays game, facing into long balls and crosses plays to his strengths (must have won 10+ headers yesterday - the dominant aerial presence) but the goal highlights his lack turning speed and his limitations when ball is played on the floor around him.   Zimbo missing yesterday wasnt a problem but think he is a better long term option than hanley.

All three are probably good enough to get us to at least the play-offs again as we will eventually find our scoring boots again and the confidence will return.

On 18/10/2020 at 10:56, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seeing as due to injuries and lack of options this may end up being our back line for a while-

Speed Test

How do you rate these two together?

It was good to see a lot less confusion at the back during that passage of games. 

Edited by aquilesopkarg