Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Contract Talks

It seems to me that Darren thought he was coming to Norwich and it seemed that he was happy with the talks that went on between the board and himself as he even stated that Norwich had made him a very good offer. He also did not meet to talk to West Brom and also had rejected Wigan and really no other offers made. This shows me his willingness to come here after all he stated his family loves the area etc etc etc. Next we hear that the deal is off and a statement from Darren that Norwich seem to have renegaded on a couple of issues in the contract on Mon evening and Tue morning. I hope this is not the case and that Norwich suddenly though ''oh because nobody else is interested we can get him a little bit cheaper''. This is our best chance in years and I hope that it has not been sabotaged by the Norwich board playing games in the hope of saving a few quid. I am sure we would have had a signature today and we would have been all guns blazing. Perhaps the board can explain why these contract talks ''suddenly failed'' after a successful meeting with his agent and Darren

Where in his statement does it say reneged? As I read it, there is no suggestion of a change in position, just that ''it became clear that there wouldn''t be a deal''. To me that sounds like some (pretty big) loose ends didn''t get tied up when things had been going well up until that point....

If we are to believe the statement made by Norwich then Huckerby never had any real intentions of joining us. I don''t think anyone could have expected him to take a pay cut by 50% to come here - would you??? But if the deal offered is to be believed then what''s he got to loose. £10-12k per week, then a Premiership bonus and after that a salary to beat his current deal!
I think he''s probably already got a few irons in the fire for the transfer window.

OK perhaps renegaded was too strong a word and whould have been substituted with manouverability. After saying that I am still proud of the board after reading their version of events and am slowly coming round to the fact that maybe Darren and his agent were being greedy (sorry Diane). At the end of the day we are never going to know the true state of affairs between the two parties so all I will say is that Worthy now has this cash to spend on probably one or two other players that probably would not demand so much so come on Worthy go for it lets put the past behind us and lets now complete this promotion winning side with the little bit of extra class needed to secure promotion. Too be honest Huckerby has never really turned it on for me in the Premiership and obviously Man City feel the same. Is he just good against 1st Div defenders as with Nottm Forest last year and if we had tied him to a 2.5 year contract as the Pink Un suggest would we have regretted it if in the Premiership (if we get there) he does not turn it on.

Would just like to say a massive thankyou to Delia and Michael for their rcent investment. This shows their love of the club and hopefully their dreams and ambitions will be realised at the end of the season.

Lets not get all worked up and possibly say too much which might scupper a deal at the end of the Premiership window. Just consider this:

If the Board offered DH a deal which would make him the highest paid player in NCFC history and he turned it down thats it. Very prudent not to offer any more-a broken leg - money down the drain like the other Darren at Leicester!

All premiership clubs perhaps bar 3 are worried about EU competition Rules a la SKY and will not be offering anything like the deals that have gone on before. All players including DH will slowly realise this through their agents! At the end of the Premiership window if DH does not have a better offer he has a choice, either stay at Man City on fantasic wages for 18 months and play in the reserves or join NCFC in front of adoring fans and accept a superb wage. I believe that it is a difficult choice for DH. A difference of say £5K a week does have alot of sway. Even KK might get fed up with paying him and have a quiet word with The Board in mid Jan. Remember Worthy''s words-we have to be patient. Lets get behind Leon and SV and show that we can live without DH that might just focus his mind to pride before money. After these sober thoughts Xmas can begin and I am off to the pub. Merry Xmas to all of you.

WHY! WHY! R WE ALL TAKING HUCKS SIDE. I KNOW HE IS A GOOD PLAYER AND THAT. BUT WE OFFERED A GOOD DEAL AND HE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER AT THE CLUB. HE KNEW WHEN HE WAS LOAN WE CANT OFFER BIG WAGES CAUSE WE ANT GOT THAT KIND OFF MOENY. SO IF WANTS TO PLAY FOR US THAT MUCH HE HAS TO TAKE A MASSIVE WAGE DROP WHICH AT FIRST I THINK HE WAS ALRIGHT WITH DOING BUT TALKS OVER WEEKEND WITH HIS AGENT PROBALY THAT HE DOES''T WANT 10K A WEEK HE WANTS 20K A WEEK. FACE IT EVERY1 HE IS GREDDY AND SO IS HIS AGENT LETS FORGET BOUT HIM. BRING FOREST LEON HAT-RICK 5 GOALS IN 2 GAMES SAME TOTAL HUCKS GOT IN 3 MONTHS