Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Twelve Good Men And True To Face Hammers

According to today''s EDP we could have only 12 men from the senior squad fit enough to face West Ham, if Drury and Colin fail to pass fitness tests before Saturday''s match. This figure includes Rossi Jarvis but not Spillane. Looking at their list of names, we could just about cobble an 11 together, leaving only Thorne and Spillane as substitutes, plus youngsters. Any more injuries and we are deep in the thick and smelly stuff. If I was manager, I would play mostly youngsters with just a few senior players in key areas.

As we''ve said everyone take their boots or even a banner saying "i am fully fit, can i have a game". Can nigel still play, he would add bite to the midfield or we could register Jeremy goss or darren eadie, because they are always about it seems on matchdays.

well im sure there are plenty of youth players we dont know about that could play, or sit on the bench to keep it warm for nigel.

However remember joe lewis is now a striker and can be placed on the bench

and gallacher as a back up ''keeper

so with thorne and spillane also on the bench, we need one more player......

I''m shocked and horrified by that statistic even if nobody else is. It''s frightening to think how few fit bodies we could be left with after Saturday''s match