Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

Carrow Road Stadium - what next, and how soon?

With the "FULL" signs going up at Carrow Road with all Season Tickets now being sold, what are/should be the next steps?

The corner infil must be next to provide another 1500 or so seats, but I guess the club will wait to see how many of the 18,000 season ticket holders renew in Jan/Feb (I guess most will to try and avoid the inevitable price hike that will come if we get promoted), and if we actually make it come May.

So assuming we go up, I think we''ll see work start on this in May to try and get those seats available as soon as possible into next season.

But - we all know that the new stand was made strong enough to have a new tier added on top for another 4,000. Will we see the roof coming off less than 4 months after being finished?
If so - how long would this take?

The other option, and I overheard this conversation in the ticket office a while back, is that the City Stand could be in line for redevelopment.

If all 3 developments happened, we could see a capacity around the 36,000 mark.

Beyond stage 1 of the corner infil, I''m not saying all this is going to happen very quickly, but I think stage 2 could come sooner than we think.

This too is a subject that interests me greatly. I don''t think I''m alone in being dismayed when ''you know who'' announced the corner infill was not going ahead. It seemed a peculiar excuse regarding the delay in building progress.

I think your comment regarding next years season ticket sales may prompt the infill being given the go ahead sooner rather than later. I assume the pilings/foundations have been put in place, if this is so, it wouldn''t take too long to complete.

The city stand is in need of a face lift anyhow so it will be interesting to see developments over the next few months. I expect we can all remember that the original plan a few years ago was for the new south stand to become the main stand.

Exciting times indeed.

OTBC NMTD!!!!

Yes i think getting the infills built would be the most sensible option. I know they were talking about a hotel in 1 corner but this seems to have gone quiet. The 2 infills would take capacity to about 28,000-still not big enough for Premier or big cup games but not bad-,should be relatively straightforward to build,would make the ground an impressive `stadium`+ would improve the atmosphere.
I`ve no doubt we could sell well over 30,000 tickets for big games but the club must be careful not to do a Sunderland or Sheff.Weds- their grounds are just way too big when times aren`t so good, and it must be dispiriting having a half-empty stadium each week.
Anyway, we`re not there yet so get behind the boys-especially in the dodgy spells,of which there will be some- and we`ve got a hell of a chance!