Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Comeback Wins

There have been some epic comebacks by City over the years, the Sim Jackson winner against Derby in stoppage time the one that most immediately comes to mind.

But this season is something really special and Saturday was yet another example.  Behind twice against the form team in the league, including a really disheartening goal immediately from the kick off after equalising.  But this team just keep plugging away, playing our football, with no sign of nerves.  The really amazing thing about Saturday was that despite being 2-1 down at the half, there would have been no-one in that stadium who was surprised by City winning.

Not a win, but to come back from 3-0 down against Forest was also an incredible result.

Against Millwall to come back to win, after being behind at 90 minutes, was amazing.  But having yet another win from behind, in one of the toughest of our remaining fixtures, just shows how special this team is.

I'm trying to think of a season when we've had so many comebacks, but can't …. especially games like Saturday when we were behind twice but still ended up winning.

Agreed ICF. I was thinking exactly the same thing last night.

I messaged my son just when we went 1-2 down against Bristol and asked simply "we can't AGAIN can we?" and he replied "no reason why we won't".... And we know what happened!

The Millwall and Forest games were so close to the wire in terms of minutes remaining. And we will remember that Pukki (Millwall) goal unbelievably go in for years. Likewise, Hernandez getting on to the end of a neat pass and Klose's disguised dummy (Forest).

I can only remember back to those late, late goals under Lambert (like Oli Johnson's goal at home to Southend). The Jackson goal was beautiful for its full significance (Warnock expecting to win the league and his snarling face on the pitch as the news came through). 

We have had some great memories in these last 10 years. This season probably beats them all. I think I will always remember the names of the first 11 (plus the usual 4/5 regular subs).

Edited by sonyc