Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Referees

Where do i start!

The referees we have had in the last 2 games have been absolutely dreadful. The standard of refereeing is continuously getting worse and i am begining to wonder if they even know the rules. Why is it that good refs are forced to retire at a certain age even when they are better than most. (ellary etc, i am sure there''s more). Referees now are weak and totally one sided. The fact is that last nights ref was scared to give a penalty to Huckerby because of the millwall fans booing him. it isn''t right, why should Hucks be punished for being unstoppable. It was the clearest penalty i have seen for ages. You get refs giving pens for no reason sometimes and you wonder wether they really are neutral. At the weekend, every penalty appeal shown on MOTD in my opinion was given the wrong way. The ref bottled giving bowyer one V chelsea, the ref felt sorry 4 sunderland and gave them a very dodgy one v Villa. Goal difference could be important at the end of the season. Ellington got a pen which wasn''t near the box, and Zenden got one fro running into a boro defender. In my opinion the FA should get ex players to ref games, because they are experienced and will make right decisions. Us Versus Luton on saaturday, the ref and linesman were dreadful. Every push went lutons way, thorne was getting barged, hacked, jumped on and the ref gave it the other way.

Matt, against really weak teams like Millwall, it shouldn''t matter if we don''t get awarded a penalty - we should be wiping the floor with such teams by winning by a 2 or 3 goal margin.