Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Fail to replace Francis but...

We had 4 lost in a row now so I want to say the first time in here. Gary Holt was POOR on passing or tackling, as we saw in the "Premiership" last season, it''s the Premiership remember; but from what I saw the 4 games in Norwich City played this month, both Jason Jarrett, the rubbish of course and Andy Hughes, even Simon Charlton also cannot do, was I recall some of the posters in the message board said about:

"Gary Holt was just standing in front of the opposition liked a frighten bird, just stood there and did not tackle or foul him"

"About the Newcastle United 2-1 game winner, it was Thomas Helveg who made the cross on right wing and where was Gary Holt the midfielder? He was on right-back to recover him?!?!"

Liked the Jarosik goal on Wednesday, if Holt was just stood in front of him and DO NOTHING, will Jarosik shoot? The answer is NO because when he shoot, Holt blocked his way and so will force him to play wide.

Holt was always the man not to go forward and mainly cover Adam Drury (as I mostly seen) when Adam went overlapped; at the Millwall, Luton, QPR or Birmingham games I watched, I did not really see Hughes can cover Jim Brennan or Jurgen Colin''s position.

OK, different player had different style, but liked we failed to replace Francis the attacking midfielder, but we also fail to replace Holt, the defensive midfielder. We fail to replace the midfield which won us the Champion in Division 1.

Your negative comment to me or Gary Holt now...

to be fair Holty didnt run, tackle OR chase in the premiership and i do feel it was a bridge too far for him.

At championship level tho we are sorely missing him i feel, his enging and drive etc would of worked wonders today and we needed someone who could boss it a bit....

In the premiership Holty was well out of his depth but id give my left arm to see him here now!

jas

David, I don''t think that Holty would be the answer this season. Hughes is nowhere near the player that Holty was in his prime and Worthington still bought him; another waste of money.