Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Norwich curry houses.

Can anyone recommend a good curry house, or anything that is a bit more exotic than pub grub, in the city centre please. Preferably more central than POW (unless they are the best). Cheers[Y]

Thanking you. It looks cheap with a canteen type vibe but the food was excellent. Veggie dosa. Nice.

Namaste.

Love my Indians and my meat but not enthused when a work night out was to include a meal at Namaste.

I have to say it was one of the best MEALS out I''ve ever had.

Tastes were exquisite, and because there was lots of us, we just let the lovely hosts bring the meals as they saw fit. I don''t think you''ll go wrong there.

There are also lots of traditional Indian Restaurants on Magdalen Street. Norwich s blessed with a plethora.

In the past most (all?) of the Indian and Chinese restaurants in Norwich have served up the Anglicised stuff, but this seems to be changing.There''s a couple of Japanese restaurants around Tombland and a fair few Thai''s dotted around the centre. But we need more Chinese and some of the less trendy grub eg West African.Often the small independent cafe/cafeteria type places are the best, at least that''s true in parts of London. Apart from Pho, I''m not excited about going into the high street chains.

Pho is really good. Went to the one in Wardour St. Top food, simple, no fuss and not that expensive.Getting bored with the same menus in curry houses as well so Namaste was a decent surprise. Stuff I hadn''t tried before and nice not to be filled to the gills with lamb tikka, which sits heavy on me now.Anyway, cheers for the rec again[Y]

Had a takeaway order from Mint Room on Queens via justeat, very nice. Not the best I''ve ever had but was rather nice although their naans weren''t that special.

Best Curry in Norwich area I''ve had is from Pure Spice in Poringland - a bit of a trip out the city but totally worth it. Good portion sizes and good quality even if the place does look a little shabby the food is worth it! Takeaway only though.