Sign in to follow this  
nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

black box found?

Listening to the coverage, I must have missed the announcement that the black box of thios helicopter was found and will now be investigated as to the cause.Bird strike on helicopters is not heard of as their main rotor moves horizontally, but the account of a lady who was over flown minutes before the accident and reported a heavy chopping, low frequency noise and the helicopter flying very low, make me suiggest that this was an operator or technical problem.But the black box records ,nobody mentioned yet, will set the record straight, if our allies decide to tell us.

Not me mate. I found her and the song very annoying. But it stuck in my head.

Still no news of any black box found in that small helicopter, must be really hard to find. I question the course choosen through the salt marshes, maybe it was not even on the flight plan. The place is strewn with live DU ammunitions, try and find all of those. I''m not a native but I do care what happens here, hexem.

They fly (often at night) over my rooftop in mid Norfolk..As do jet flights into Marham not to mention RAF heavy helicopters from a northerly direction into the Stanta battle area. Again at night.They do go low and fast and shake the ground.As for the course taken, no doubt it was the tried and tested method of putting a head out of a window and following the roads.

Jets in the early days fell out of the skies at a frightening rate. 6 in one flight got lost and ran out of fuel over the fens.hex

nevermind wrote the following post at 08/01/2014 5:27 PM:

"The place is strewn with live DU ammunitions..."

The Pave Hawk, depending on the variant, is armed with 7.62 or 0.50 calibre guns. High penetration rounds in these calibres use tungsten projectiles not depleted uranium.

nevermind wrote the following post at 08/01/2014 12:01 PM:

"Bird strike on helicopters is not heard of as their main rotor moves horizontally..."

There have been several fatal helicopter accidents due to bird strikes on windshields and engine ingestion.

"Still no news of any black box found in that small helicopter, must be really hard to find."

It''s not a small helicopter at all and at the moment it''s in several hundred pieces. The priority in the tricky conditions is to remove the bodies (under the control of the coroner) then the investigation as to the cause of the crash can start. With live ammunition scattered over an area the size of a football I don''t think anyone can blame them for taking things cautiously.

" I question the course choosen through the salt marshes, maybe it was not even on the flight plan. "

The local residents state that the helicopters fly over regularly so it looks like this was a normal flight..

Your assumptions are as valid as mine, JG.But it is a fact that the deaths will not be dealt with by the British

coronial system so the causes of the crash will never be made public.

More squelching of the truth of the matter.

‘Norfolk Coroner Jacqueline Lake said she would not be carrying out

an investigation into the deaths because the airmen had a “relevant

association with a visiting force” under the Visiting Forces Act 1952

and Coroners and Justice Act 2009.’

Thanks good the helicopter did not hit the crab shack, but its looks like its busioness as usual for those who can''t do wrong.

nevermind wrote the following post at 12/01/2014 10:42 AM:

"Your assumptions are as valid as mine, JG."

But I am not the one assuming, my points are factual where as yours are plain wrong or misleading.

assumptions JG nothinbg more than assumptions, because we will never find out what the real reasons were, as our coroner so plainly said. As we will never be told why this accident happened and/ or what was found on the flight recorder, the wild speculations will find fertile minds in our tabloidal excretions.This from one of the worst red tops.http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/norfolk-helicopter-crash-raf-lakenheath-3010567

You, or the EDP, have filled in nothing at all. Still the same questions stay unanswered and the circumstances of that ''accident'' are shrouded in secrecy. The black box records will never be revealed to us or the relatives of that flight, not sure about the personal coroners reports. But it has come at a time when the USAF has had questions to answer regarding the drug dealing/ taking habits of some of its officers.I''m sure there are no connections whatsoever, but secrecy leads to conspiracy and the events happened within the same week.

I just pulled you up on your biased account of the incident. You constantly twist facts and lie either through plain ignorance or your left wing agenda.

There was no depleted uranium ammunition scattered around the area and helicopters being brought down by bird strikes is not unheard of.

Bird strike on helicopters is rare and the fact that this was not a bird strike is obvious. Why would one want to keep a birdstrike a secret when it easily would explain the accident.Hang on, just as the unexplained Glasgow nosedive, this has not been classed as an ''accident'', because the investigations are ongoin and not for our ears.So lets assume that at least the relatives will be able to find out what has happened, whether it was a bird strike, failure of equipment, operator trouble or some other unexplained reason.What is ensured if one does not release any information is, that people will speculate, if you can get that into your rightwing and biased brain.

Bird strikes on helicopters are not as rare as you think (I say think because obviously you are above doing a little bit of research) - helicopters fly slower and lower than other aircraft so can startle settled birds. If a large bird gets into the engine intake it can cause catastrophic failure.

Besides all that I can''t see what your little mind is concocting regarding this incident. What''s the conspiracy?

So.....

...as I was saying;

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/update_report_into_cley_helicopter_crash_finds_us_air_force_pilots_knocked_unconscious_by_multiple_bird_strikes_1_3676291

Indeed.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US74bAu4wTMA nice movie from 1954. Perfect for a rainy afternoon.Shirley the geese would have learned by now.hex

Thanks hex. Just discovered loads of full length features on there because of that link.

Quite a nice find on my part too.I knew of the Peewit film, but there is so much more.Nice planes, shame about the geese!hex