Sign in to follow this  
apprentice

Next Week's Cup Match

What does Worthy do next Tuesday? in my opion at the moment we cant afford to progress in the cup when we languish near the bottom of the league. 

Surely this would be a good opportunity to play some youngsters (especially as there is no reserve match) ie Spillane, Cave-Brown, Gusterson, Rossi Jarvis, Martin etc. alongisde some pros and see how they get on.  Hopefully they would have enough about them to progress to the next round one thing is for sure they would do no worse than some of the pros at the moment.  It would also be the best way of finding out if the youth are the way forward as it would be a good insight into how they would cope against league opposition.

[quote]What does Worthy do next Tuesday? in my opion at the moment we cant afford to progress in the cup when we languish near the bottom of the league. Surely this would be a good opportunity to play som...[/quote]

AND IF WE LOSE ANOTHER CHANCE FOR THE WORTHY HATE MOB TO STICK A KNIFE IN.

[quote]What does Worthy do next Tuesday? in my opion at the moment we cant afford to progress in the cup when we languish near the bottom of the league. Surely this would be a good opportunity to play som...[/quote]

What Worthy should do BEFORE next Tuesday is resign.

This would then allow somebody else to pick exactly the same team for next Tuesday and tell them in no uncertain terms to damn well go out and perform like they should against Northampton and win.

Tinkering around with a clutch of untried players would be a waste of time - we have the players to do the job so they should get out there and do it and try & regain some confidence

david, if things were going well and we were playing with a consistency and fervour not to mention winning i too would advocate playing some of the young academy side, but to be frank at present i would play the best eleven we have (not too sure that happens at present so the usual suspects i guess) and make them play as if it were arsenal, not northampton

they are professionals and not too big to play a lower league side - also i am of the opinion this cup does count and we should try to progress in it, if only to give one or two players the confidence and match fitness to others coming back into the side

however, the shadow of the cursed league cup is never far away and this season...........