Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Team v Chelsea

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Can you explain where you think we have lost money?

Well we have to give Chelsea half the gate receipts, so we basically were left with 12000 X £15. That won''t cover anything like a weeks wages. Even adding the £67000 prize money.

OK we have the TV money which I believe is around about £144000.

So will around about £391000 cover everything? And I mean everything that it costs week to week.

I wasn''t including a replay when I said "we must have lost money tonight ".

If I am wrong with these figures then I apologise.[/quote]
As Paul said, these are costs we have to pay anyway out of the TV money, sponsorship etc which we get on an annual basis. Players are paid a salary on an annual basis, not a per game basis. 
Unless you think the catering staff, stewarding and electricity for the floodlights which is pretty much the only additional costs for staging a game as opposed to not staging one costs us £391,000 or more then I don''t really understand what you''re on about?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]As a point of interest, when there is talk of Naismith on £45K a week, is that based on 52 weeks or just the 45 weeks he plays etc?

There is a big difference[/quote]
He is paid on an annual salary basis, so it will be his total salary for the year divided by 52 presumably. I''ve never seen a footballer''s contract details reported as "pro rata".