Sign in to follow this  
Jools

Let's cut Neil some slack...

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Jools"][quote user="hogesar"]I don''t like Tettey and Mulumbu together in that holding two.
Primarily because neither of them seem to be able to pass for toffee.
I take that back, I think Mulumbu''s % was probably Ok, but his refusal or inability to turn meant he simply kept playing it to players under pressure already.
[/quote]Has to be said, hoggy, Dorrans & Howson have adapted to unfamiliar defensive-midfielder roles to make up the double pivot very well indeed [Y] They''ve mostly stayed deep and their distribution has been superior to that of both Tettey & Mulumbu.[/quote]
I think Dorrans has always been quite well disciplined and doesn''t mind getting stuck in so always thought he would be capable of playing the deeper role. 
Howson has also done well - they''re both playing a little deeper than they naturally would but their work rate has been exceptional and like we say, their distribution is much better than Tettey or Mulumbu. I''ve also noticed when attacking they take it in turns to take the more advanced role, particularly when pressing the opposition into their own half.
[/quote][:O] Somebody at last gets it! [Y]

I agree Hoggy, the benefit of Howson/Dorrans over Howson/Tettey for me is that both Howson and Dorrans are capable of coming forward or dropping back and that makes our attacking movement a little more unpredictable for the opposition and more flexible for us. Until either dips in form, I''m afraid Tettey will have to wait on the bench as far as I''m concerned - it''s working thus far 👍