Sign in to follow this  
Mellow Yellow

Special Johnson and Bassong

Everyone played brilliantly to a man but what stood out for me was Johnson winning a lot of Ruddy''s punts in there in the air (knock ons to Jerome who was also amazing ). I did not realise Johnno could jump like a gazelle! Also Bassong won everything in the air in defense and had the highly rated Bamford in his pocket most of the game. As he did with Murphy of Ipswich...he has come on great guns under Neil.Terrific game (though I had to watch on TV) and for once I was not a nervous wreck as we played so amazingly well! Neil has given them confidence from his calmness and preparation...what a great manager he is!

Johnno on the left has been such a success because he provides an easy outlet for our defence to ease the pressure.

Bassong has been excellent since he came back, I was devastated when we loaned him out as he is easily the best defender we have had since the mid nineties.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Johnno on the left has been such a success because he provides an easy outlet for our defence to ease the pressure.

Bassong has been excellent since he came back, I was devastated when we loaned him out as he is easily the best defender we have had since the mid nineties.[/quote]

Bassong is happy, he has got 2 promotion medals to his name, and is back in the premier league ! not a bad season''s work.