Sign in to follow this  
Mark .Y.

Marney Stats

Does anybody have any stats for appearances/goals/assists for Dean Marney. I know everybody seems to be getting very excited and some are saying he will guarantee us promotion but as far as I can see he turned pro in 2002 and has only made 17 appearances for Spurs since, many of those as substitute. I know we all remember his two goal game against Everton but it seems he has been out on loan to Swindon, QPR and Gillingham - anybody know how he did at those clubs ?

I am trying not to pour too much cold water on this as I obviously hope he does really well for us but one of my major disappointments from last year was Bentley. When it was all announced I thought we had a player who could really do a great job for us ("the new Bergkamp", "he is tops tops tops" to quote Arsene Wenger) but over the season and even allowing for his injury he simply did not deliver for us. I just hope Marney does and signs for us next year on a permanent deal in the Prem.

Mark .Y.

Thanks men, I assume he does get stuck in as he seems to collect a lot of yellow cards.

Mark .Y.