Sign in to follow this  
Steve Mortlock

Use the Damien money to bolster defence

The 2 gmes so far have shown our defensive frailties.  Jason Shackell was phenomenal on tueday night and is the bedrock of our defence.  Neither fleming or docherty are good enough to play alongside Shack, so it is time we bought in a younger replacement,

Eric Nils Johanson from Blackburn would have been an excellent signing and one we could have snatched from under the noses of Leicester at the 11th hour.  Also Darren Purse would have fit the clubs criteria of being free and would have prob chosen us over Cardiff.  Either would have been better than Doc and Flem. 

We must make a centre half a priority to play alongside Shackell (who should be given the captains armband).  Bring in Colin at right back and we are there.

Also Now bentley has handed in his transfr request at Arsenal, we should try and get him and play him in his natural position through the middle.  

stev

Before we spend any money lets give  a Shackell/Colin partnership a try.

We would be building for the future with 2 younger players.

yes  i agree we are lacking in the central defence dept,although there is no way i want bentley back,his attitude is wrong and i saw him as a glory boy with no idea of teamwork,15k a week for him would be criminal.purse is as slow as flem,oh for shacks to have a secret twin bro!! still worthy has 1.5mill to play with and must strengthen before window closes,although must admit im finding it hard to come up with any suggestions.cum on you yellaz