Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Was McNally on his way to meet Derek McInnes?

I agree it''s probably Phelan but hopefully McNally''s supposed trip to Scotland was to look for a Lambert Mark II (isn''t that what we all want?!). Like Lambert, McInnes is a tough Scottish midfielder who has had a managerial failure in his early career but he''s also won promotions and has performed wonders at Aberdeen.

My Aberdeen supporting mate says this:

"He''s a really good manager. Knows how to spot a good player (and just as importantly a bad one). Has overseen a revolution in Aberdeen''s dressing room behaviour and morale, which has been terrible for years. He says the right things to the fans and media. And is tactically pretty sound in a standard British way. Taken together he''s the best manager we''ve had for 20 years.

"Did well at Bristol City too, initially. Then the club pushed through drastic cuts in the wage bill and got relegated, which they oddly blame him for. But that seems crazy to us.

"I''d be surprised if he left Aberdeen for the Championship now, with them top of the league. I would imagine he''d stay till the end of the season at least and then join a club like Norwich or something similar. He is widely seen at Aberdeen as a Rangers manager in waiting, whenever they sort themselves out."

McNally didn''t go to Scotland, he was at CR all day yesterday and all day today! (Sauce, his secretary).