Sign in to follow this  
Viking

The Weight of Expectation....

I think is to much.  The bookies have made us favourites to go straight back up.  Deano''s favourite to be the seasons top scorer.  I think everyone at the club and also us supporters thought we were in with a chance, to not walk but at least have an easier run of it, this time around.

Ive been to the three home games and listened to the away games.  I think we are trying to hard to destroy teams like Hucks said rather than get the ball on the floor, take our time and pass the ball thru the team to the front men. At the moment its a long ball game rather than possession football.  "We''ve got the best front line in the division" more than likely but only when they are given service from the midfield and the wings not from the long ball.

To do that I would pick this team and stick with it.

Green

Louis Jean         Colin            Shackell           Drury

Marney                Safri                   Brennan

Bentley           Hucks

Ashton

And before you say it I know Bentley''s not here but I think he and Ashton who are U21 internationals together would play well in this set up.

I think we will probably draw or lose another three games and then think we have no chance of going straight back up relax and start to score lots of goals.....are well here''s hoping.

"where have all the Vikings gone"?

totally agree - ive always been a bentley supporter and i think its no co-incidence that when he came back from injury we started winning - had we had him all season, things could have been very different last year me thinks...he set up a goal with his first touch (against man u  i think!) it was a free kick nr the half way line which he crossed into the box superbly for i think deano to head into the net....thats the sort of quality we need!!!!