Sign in to follow this  
CanaryFrom1979

That 1 match reflects the last 2 years.

The last 90mins is a compressed version of the last two years - 2013/14 is just a repeat of 2012/13 with better players - the tactical ineptitude, the predictable strategy and the ineffectual subs, the undermining of our best player (Holt last time now Wes , neither of whom I would blame for being disillusioned, If I had been Holt I would have left rather than have seen my international chances go from possible to zero), the reliance on a few favoured players (a visibly tired Snodgrass, the inexperienced Redmond and the unable to lead Bassong).

The management team are either unwilling or unable to adapt, the players now seem pre-disposed to collapse and unable to act in any way other than risk-averse.

It may well be too late to change course, but I would observe that a change may lift this self-fulfilling doom from the players, lifting a burden from them may produce better performances.

My observation is that Lennon would be just another mistake (I''ll be honest and say I had similar reservations about CH being a 2nd division 2nd rate option rather than an ambitious continental appointment), the 1 manager of the 1 club in a 1 club league.

I would hand the helm to Neil Adams on an interim basis and at least go down with a clear head and some fighting spirit than go down amidst acrimony. This would at least buy the club time to scout Europe for an ambitious coach (TBH English football lags behind European football), Koeman or similar.

As I write this I am feeling a sense of embarrassment on a level with Fulham or Colchester and a despair not unlike the days of the European ban, only this time the difference being that the club has in some way conspired to throw away the momentum built up in getting to the 1st division.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Reckon you lost my support when you claimed Hoolahan is our best player. Would have been a better game if Howson had played, I reckon.[/quote]
Bor, you cannot hand a player who has been out over 2 months injured a starting place just like that. With his game in midweek in the reserves, he needed a bedding in period.

Don''t get hung up on the Howson question, he doesn''t have the match sharpness.

My concern is more than one individual, the team appears to be playing under a burden, trying not to deviate from the plan even if they have little confidence in it, they seem to have an inbuilt assumption that they can not hold a lead, sitting deep on 1-0 for 85 minutes is always going to place too much stress on already low confidence.