Sign in to follow this  
Phil Schmil

And to think that Worthington is considered by some to employ negative tactics

I''ve been a lurker on this board for some time now and after watching West Brom play Arsenal last night I felt it was time to register and make my first post.

I for one could not believe the negative tactics employed by Robson in what was for them a must win game. To then hear him bleating in the press about ''no justice'' was laughable when I felt that he got the result his tactics deserved.

Worthy seems to have been given stick in some quarters for his tactics at the weekend when but for 2 first class saves from Niemi we would have won the match.

Had I been a West Brom fan I would have felt short changed after last night''s match and although Worthy has made mistakes, he has never sent out a team with a 5-5-0 formation in a must win home game.

OTBC

I think Robson decided to go for damage limitation.  If you go all out against Arsenal you will be severely punished, maybe he thought he could nick a goal and defend the lead. We were hammered by Arsenal both times, goal difference could make a huge difference come the end of the season so in that light 2-0 is not a bad result.

[quote]I''ve been a lurker on this board for some time now and after watching West Brom play Arsenal last night I felt it was time to register and make my first post. I for one could not believe the negative...[/quote]

Could not agree more a very good post, and your right it was terrible from wba fans point of view , just bloody awful if we played like that every week i would give my season ticket away i would rather go down playing free flowing football than watch trosh like that.

I agree with you, if they do the same against Man U they may as well get the maps out now for the fizzy league grounds!

PS lets hope they do!