Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Norwich Vow to not sell any players even if relegated

Canaries vow not to sell players
Robert Green
Norwich want to keep hold of England keeper Robert Green
Norwich will not have to sell players if they lose their battle against relegation from the Premiership.

But vice-chairman Barry Skipper accepts that the club cannot stop players leaving to seek top-flight football.

"The club''s affairs have been organised in such a way that if we are relegated, we don''t have to sell any players to balance the books," said Skipper.

"But you can''t legislate for the fact that players may want to go and all you can do is get the best deal you can."

Norwich lie bottom of the Premiership with two games left and their fate will be sealed on Saturday if they lose to Birmingham and Southampton or Crystal Palace win their match at Selhurst Park.

Speculation surrounds the futures of England squad keeper Robert Green, midfielder Damien Francis and striker Dean Ashton, who was bought for £3m in January.

I want to see us win games, but there are ways of doing it. I wouldn''t want to do it the Bolton way
Nigel Worthington

Meanwhile, Nigel Worthington insists his side will continue to play their passing game, despite their desperation for points.

"When it comes to my attitude to football, I''m very much a Kevin Keegan person," said the Norwich manager.

"I want to play good football and I want to entertain the people who pay good money to come along and watch.

"I think for 95% of the time we give them good value for money.

"Yes, I want to see us win games - but there are ways of doing it. I wouldn''t want to do it the Bolton way. It works for them, but it wouldn''t be for me."

source thanks to bbc: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/4512385.stm

In other words if they want to leave and we can get a healthy profit on what we paid for them, WAHEY!!!!!!!! We''re in the money, we''re in the money, we''re in the money (fade to the sound of Doomcaster counting the pennies!)....

Green has been making appropriate noises for some time that he expects to stay in the prem come what may. He''s in the england squad and has had a good season overall - with one sticky spell. And we''ve got goalkeeping strength in depth right down to Joe Lewis.

I think we can be pretty sure he''ll be away. Even Worthy has been quoted that wantaway players are no use remaining at the club if there heart isn''t there. But the price must be right.

But thats all. The rest is just media speculation. I have never heard Francis state he wants away. Ashton and Hux have been very clear that they''ll stay.

Anyway, who says we''re down? Not yet we aren''t.