Sign in to follow this  
pete

Pilks mindset

Pilkington is one of our most effective forwards produces especially at home and should have played as soon as fully recovered from injury.  But Pulis has expressed interest at a significant point in our season that Pilks is being considered for Stoke.  What sort of mindset will that put Pilks in if plays Saturday?  Hopefully he will play and play a blinder beat Villa get new contract same with Elliott Bennet.

He can look like a top class player sometimes, both creating and scoring goals.  He also goes missing sometimes, more often away than at home.

Injury-wise, he''s had to be taken off in the first half on a couple of occasions so I can understand the manager wanting to make sure he''s fully over it before starting him.  It must be really frustrating to have to take a player off after only 15 minutes or so.

I agree if he''s fully fit he should be in the starting lineup, and hopefully the interest from other clubs will motivate rather than distract him.  Definitely a player that can add something creative going forward, which we''ve missed this season.

I like Pilks as a player - genuinely two-footed, with a powerful shot and useful with his head. He has good ball control, and can usually beat the fullback on the outside.

On the other side he can be a little anonymous. If he is fully fit and in a positive frame of mind, then he must play on Saturday. He would be a match for Vlaar and keep that player quiet.With Holt and Kei n the centre, and no Wes to prompt play, we would be relaying on supply from the wings.

We need a rejuvenated Snoddy and Pilks!

We need a Pilks that has the freedom to go forward and express himself, mmmmm!