Sign in to follow this  
 cornwall canary

Home form

When city lost at Chelsea I thought we needed a miracle to stay up. If someone had told me then that 20 games later we would be 8pts from third from bottom and in 12th place I would have told them they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Of those 20 games, 11 were at home including the top 6 teams in the country the fact that our record against those 6 teams was W3 D1 L2 F8 A7 shows just how much we have improved. The other 5 home games produced W3 D2 L0 F5 A2 so combined P11 W6 D3 L2 F13 A9 Pts 21. a very impressive record especially compared to Lamberts record against the same teams W2 D5 L4 F15 A20 Pts 11. The same games last season were more exciting and produced 13 more goals  but unfortunately 11 of those were against us.

I think this show just how much difference Hughton has made the defence has improved significantly and we have become difficult to beat.

The home form has been crucial to our improvement I for one think Hughton is doing an excellent job and long may it continue.

12th.   It sounds good, long may it continue, or even improve and agree Hughton is doing a great job.    Already this season a ten match unbeaten run and another in progress.  The bigger picture for this season is that we are competitive in all matches and the results against the top teams are just as important as the ones against the lower teams.      Also, a difficult (frustrating, but not disastrous) spell has been seen

through and yesterday was the spur we needed to kick us on.