Sign in to follow this  
Punting Canary

Time for a dose of reality - Relegation expectations

A good analysis.   The only problem is that stats don''t really prove anything about the future.  They only tell you what has happened in the past - and only suggest what could happen in the future.  For me football is a game that is unpredictable - either statistically or emotionally.   I am happy to see us in a good position in the league and the team performing well.    There will always be ups and downs and the teams below us could improve - equally we can improve to - but we could get injuries to key players and  that could affect us  too.   

It is strange to me that we seem to have a need for statistical

reassurance to make us feel better.    The future will take care of

itself - as has been said, we have a well run club - financially sound

and with a no nonsense CEO - the signs are good..

We will be safe when we are safe.   It doesn''t matter if we need 35 or 45 points to do it - to me it is still completely unpredictable what the magic figure is - and I wouldn''t have it any other way.

I''ve said it before but there''s no place for rational, clear headed posters here. So, do one and let the ''sky is falling inners'' run around and reclaim their rightful place on this board.

This is another statistical modelling site that has us at 6.2% probabiluity to go down before the spurs game.http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/Premier.html