Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Statistics, lies and damn lies

In history of Premier League;

Only 3 occasions when relegation has been avoided after clubs not registered a win in first 10 games.

Reading & QPR

That leaves one extra space for Southampton, who we MUST muller in a couple of games time.

If I wasn''t so lazy, I would do the math for you Houston.

Odds are against Reading & QPRse

Plenty of posters will back me up and confirm I''m not that clever. %-)

It doesn''t even matter. Your point was well taken (at least by me). I''m amused by people over-reacting to statistics without considering the perspective of them.

Years ago, the amazing stat in the NFL was how it almost never happened that a team which beat another team twice in a season would beat them in a 3rd game. This was only possible if they were in the same division and then met in the playoffs, so it hardly ever happened anyways, but that was never mentioned but I was very suspiscious of this.  After years of this being mentioned on air by various announce teams, someone finally looked it up, and it turns out the team that won the 1st 2 games usually won the 3rd game, too. But that''s not so interesting as the original implication.  Cheers, #9.  

Know what you mean Houston, probably plenty of spurious stats being force fed to the unsuspecting Americans at the mo, what with the big election coming up.

We get fed stats at work, when we ask for a bit more detail, usually get accused of being negative.

Anyways, Reading, QPRse & Southampton will do me nicely.

I''ll try and find some more stats to back it up.