Sign in to follow this  
Brucie

The £2million question...

So - Lambert is apparently suing the club for £2million, but why £2million....?

Personally I can see this being a bonus payment with regard to the two successive promotions and Premier League survival. Now to me that seems not entirely inconceiveable and if that is in fact what the cash is for in my opinion just pay the man and draw a line under this so both parties can move on.

Mr Lambert may have left under a massive cloud but neither party is covering themelves in glory here and regardless of what you may think he has earned that money for giving us the most exciting 3 years as an NCFC fan in a lon long while. 

If its Bonus money that he is owed - pay the man, shake hands and move on.

What makes you think that Norwich city would withhold bonuses owed to Paul Lambert?Nah, doesn''t add up, sorry.What is more likely, in my opinion, is that 2 million is a years wages, which as he was on a one year rolling contract, he could think (in a very skewed way) that he was due.

I personally cant see it as a years wages - that would have meant we were paying Lambert £40K a week.... seems way beyond us?

[quote user="Brucie"]

I personally cant see it as a years wages - that would have meant we were paying Lambert £40K a week.... seems way beyond us?

[/quote]You could well be right.But I was at the supporters forum last night and Bowket turned to McNally asking how much it was he was after and the answer was "One and a half or two million"So who knows.