Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Ashley Westwood

Not exactly what you''d want to hear from your new 2 million investment!

Westwood said: "I see myself as a Michael Carrick-type of player, someone who stays out of the limelight and keeps it simple, retaining the ball and laying it off to team-mates.

"From the conversations I''ve had with the new manager (Paul Lambert) I think that I will fit in perfectly here. He said to me that he''s looking for younger lads to work with him, step up and lift this club to the next level and I''m really looking forward to the challenge."

Surely you could of just bought Michael Carrick for 2 million.

Got to love a guy who comes out and says I''m injury prone and not very good to the fans

Apart from the fact that Carrick is an excellent player in the role he plays, and it''s much better to have a player who stays out the press, than one who''s caught on page seven sniffing coke with 2 brummie hookers...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Apart from the fact that Carrick is an excellent player in the role he plays, and it''s much better to have a player who stays out the press, than one who''s caught on page seven sniffing coke with 2 brummie hookers...[/quote]
Completely agree with you here mate! Carrick''s a top player IMO. England''s midfield could do with more like him, very rarely gives the ball away.