Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Wee Wes

Wes Hoolahan is quite simply the most gifted football player we have on our books, In my opinion if he had a better right foot he''d have spent his career playing at a much higher level, an Everton perhaps? 
His vision, technique and delivery of a pass are brilliant, in my time watching Norwich he''s the most enjoyable player i''ve watched in Yellow & Green.

What do you do when you go to watch matches ? Do you actually comprehend whats happening in front of you ? Hoolahan is one of our best attacking players. Do you not see that he has contributed greatly to the success of our club in the last 3 seasons? We haven''t seen Butterfield play for us yet -  not at this level . You need more than rugged good looks & a hard shot to succeed this division, you need skill to break down well organised blocks of 4 x 4 Premiership defences. Hoolahan appears to be the only player we have who can attack & unlock the opposition through the middle of the park. He''s doing it week in, week out against players paid 2 or 3 times more than he is paid.   Because of Hoolahan''s age -31 management would not want to go beyond 2 years for his contract, as with Holt. But they need to get 2 good years out of him by playing him. When we dominate games through  our passing and movement, Hoolahan is usually in the team.and there isn''t the same cohesion when he is not. His presence influences those around him. We have seen how well Howson performs when playing together with Hoolahan. If Hoolahan is on the bench, the player taking his place needs to be clearly better.  I feel really strongly that we would have achieved 6th, 7th or 8th last season if Hoolahan (and Holt) had started/play most of the games. Hoolahan was left out when we sat comfortably in 8th position at the beginning of March - there was a massive slide and Lambert needed to bring him back in to stablise results. Butterfield is a Norwich player now so I hope he does well - if he manages to play the position in the hole as well as Hoolahan he will be a special player. Hoolahan has proven through pure footballing ability, through stats & records, that he is special for us.

I likewise wonder whether Trappatoni ever went to matches either, or understood what was happening in fromn of him. As ever, lots of people seem not to ''get'' Hoolahan.

Going off topic, nice to see the Viv Busby avatar, Six Pack.

Cheers "aving you", chose the Busby avatar ahead of Tony Powell - on hair style ! and then ahead of a japanese beauty queen /super model again on hair style !