Sign in to follow this  
unique

It's all very well....

Norwich and Swansea fans putting on brave faces after this week''s shenanigans, but there''s still the pain to endure of Lambert''s first press conference as the Villa manager, and the problem of all fans backing the man chosen to fill Lambert''s boots.

Many of the names being bandied about would undoubtedly elicit mixed reactions. Bruce, Mackay, Curbishley and the like, may earn supporters'' full support initially, but many supporters would find the appointment of any of these names as just plain wrong.

Many are expressing thanks to PL for the past three years at the club, but let''s not dismiss the possibility that Lambert''s actions and timing may well affect the morale and performance of the Norwich players...and relegation next season will negate two out of the last three years, thereby in effect, reducing Lambert''s tenure to one successful season.

Of all the managers that have resigned from their clubs to move to another club, I would love to know how many have actually moved to a club that have finished lower in the league. I guess Lambert did it when moving from Colchester to Norwich, but I wouldn''t think it was the norm.

In Lambert''s case, this is what grates most of all. He is basically implying that the Norwich City players aren''t good enough and can''t push on for bigger and better things. If Norwich had been relegated, then fans would have accepted any fallout. Even if Norwich had finished 17th, then there would have been an argument for Lambert to jump ship.

But everything that has gone on this week just feels plain wrong. It is one helluva snub to the Board, the squad and the fans. Yes, everyone just has to move on, but the appointment of the right managerial replacement is absolutely crucial to restoring morale at Carrow Road for both fans and players alike.

I agree entirely - it is essential to lift morale with an inspirational appointment. Paul Lambert provided that inspiration when he joined Norwich and I will forever be grateful for what he did for the club. But that era is over although I am still surprised that his next move was to a  "big" club that just avoided relegation and for which he was effectively the third choice candidate.