Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

The answer to our LB issues

With Tierney injured for much of last season, it left us with only Drury to cover as a natural LB (Lappin and Naughton out of position aside). 
Sebastien Boenisch is 25, 6''4 AND quick, likes to go forward and has a great cross, but is strong defensively and dominant in the air. Very much a ball playing full back, on his way out of Bremen after failing to agree terms. (Link HERE). I''m sure most of you haven''t seen him but keep an eye out for him in the Euros, he is a real classy player. The only issue is that he has spent much of the last 18months injured, but he is currently fit and on top of his game.
No inside info or any bull that we are interested in him, but he is a player that I would love to see us sign, and I would hope that whoever the new manager is, this is the kind of player he looks to bring in!

I should add, he can also play CB, and I''d love Drury to sign a new deal, but if he doesn''t then this is the guy we should bring in.

Interesting...
Seems like a good LB and could be a potential target. Another LB to watch out for is Jonathon Parr who plays for Crystal Palace. Young (23) good defensively and offensively can play left back, left wing back, defensive mid and left mid. Was voted Crystal Palace player of the year 2011/2012 season. 
This guy sounds very good as well, seems versatile and has a good physical size to him. The one issue may be is that with Parr we can offer improved terms on his contract I assume with this guy, wages may be an issue due to him playing for a decent Bremen side that probably pay quite well, good news is that if he cannot agree a new contract, he''s a free agent, no tribunal necessary (over 24)/

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I''d always have suspicions over a full back as tall as 6''4"??.......somehow that just never seems to work in area of the pitch?[/quote]
He''s incredibly mobile for his size, I agree it''s uncommon for Full backs to be this size, but as mentioned before he can play CB too. He''s a very competent player.
As an aside, he also speaks fluent English.