Sign in to follow this  
Militant Canary

Transfers etc. Very long winded.

Hello again all. I''ve got a little bit too much time on my hands, so I thought I''d collate all the signing rumours I''ve heard and discuss them.

Please remember, this is just stuff I''ve heard or thought about. Nobody really has any idea who is leaving or coming in, so discussion is welcome and indeed the purpose of this post. Regardless of anything, whoever arrives in the summer will have my full backing.

Gael Bigirimana

I''ve been raving about this guy since before Christmas and, finally, I feel like its justified and vindicated. This young man, despite playing for a relegated team and suffering from an injury mid-way through the season, was awarded the Football League Young Player of the Season Award. If you remember what a farce that award was last year- Lansbury receiving a nomination for the award, despite only having played a couple of games, which was eventually won by Connor Wickham- shows just how highly regarded he is. Strangely though, he still seems to be operating under the radar, as he has not been linked to a move to anyone that I know of. So... why do I like him and why would he be right for us. First of all, he would add something that our midfield lacks, namely power. He is a player akin to Essien or Toure- except that he is a defensive midfielder, rather than a box-to-box player. Coupled with this, he has a superb range of passing, plenty of pace and a good tackle. He does, however, have much still to learn. He makes mistakes. He is inconsistent. And he has frequently- in my opinion- been played the wrong way by Coventry this season. Nonetheless, the potential of this young man is phenomenal, if it can be properly nurtured. Coventry desperate for money, so may not cost too much.

This is just a hunch. There have been no rumours linking us to him.

Michu

Relatively unknown until recently, he is a well travelled attacking and goal-scoring midfielder from Spain who currently plays for Rayo. He has only this season been given his chance at top division football and he has taken to it very well. There is the Pacheco link as well. However, I''m not sure about this one, simply because its a little ''out there''. But he would add something in midfield- think Hoolahan, but over six foot and a little more direct.

Jeff Hendrick

Derby County and Irish U-21, he is considered Derby''s bright young thing. Had a few injuries this season, is inconsistent (in keeping with one so young) and is contracted to 2015, but still might be worth a look.

Conor Thomas

Another Coventry midfielder, but very different to Gael. Overall, you can tell he''s talented, yet I remain less impressed with him than with his team mate. He always shows plenty of energy and reminds me a bit of Crofts. At 18 he will get better if properly guided.

Jacob Butterfield

Definitely the man at Barnsley, another one with plenty of potential. You certainly see glimpses of quality- even on a bad day- but, again, I am not sure about him. Honestly, I really don''t know enough about him.

Charlie Mulgrew

Finally! A defender in my poorly devised list. Comfortable at either CB or LB, he has a good touch on him, that’s for sure. However, I think it unlikely for a number of reasons: firstly, he is 26 years old, a regular for Celtic with a contract that runs until 2015. I''m sure there will be cheaper options around. Another issue may be his lack of mobility and a quicker CB may be more what we need- though he can read the game well. Not sure about this one (then again, I''m not sure about any of them).

Jack Hunt

This is an interesting one that I think may be possible. A regular for Huddlesfield and a friend of Pilks, he a 21 years old RB renowned for his pace and athleticism. He looks a good player who is capable, like Pilks, of making the step up. Maybe.

Martin Olsson

Absolutely delighted to see him linked to us. I like this player a lot. Frankly, for me, you can keep the majority of his team mates (with the exception of Hoilett who will not come to us) because he has all the attributes to be an excellent player. When things have gone bad for Balckburn this season, he has been consistent; when they have been good, he has been excellent. And as a different kind of LB to Tierney, he would provide interesting competition for him- certainly, he would not be turned inside out by the blistering speed of Theo Walcott. At 23, he will get better, especially under the tutelage of Lambert and Culverhouse. Is contracted until 2015, though. Still love to see it happen.

Jonny Hayes

Irish left winger who plays for Inverness. Really don''t know enough about him, but he''s meant to be quick. Meh!

Jerson Cabral

Dutch U-21 and Feyenoord. Plays as a second-striker. Definitely will add something different, but just don''t see it happening. Meh!

Jérémy Toulalan

French international defensive midfielder, currently player for Malaga. Tipped as the natural successor to Mackele at one time, but his career has trailed off. Again, don''t see it happening, but its interesting that he has been mentioned in connection to us.

John Brayford

Simply put, if this man doesn''t start then Derby seem incapable of defending effectively. Although, Jason Shackell has for some reason been the higher profile defender, this guy seems to me to be the better. 24 years old, so has potential and he''s robust and fairly mobile... all to the good.

Ki Sung-Yueng

Not linked to us that I know of, but someone I''d like to see come here. Another defensive midfielder, but obviously a class act. Robust, energetic, mobile, with excellent technique, vision and an excellent range of passing- he also has a goal in him. Probably never happen, but hey!

Mohammed Abdellaoue

Continues to be linked to us and has been quoted as saying that he''d love to play in the Premier league. Certainly a quality striker. However, can''t see it happening. I think Hannover will be playing European football next season, so if a move to the premier league is on for him, it is unlikely to be to us that he moves.

Jordan Rhodes

Consistently linked to him. We all know who he is, so won''t go on. Perhaps a natural successor to Grant Holt. Maybe, maybe.

Jay Rodriguez

Another one. Quality, and surely ready to step up a league. Be a good buy, if it happens.

Peter Whittingham

Many like him. I do not. I think he has a reputation based on little and has been s**t for quite some time. No thanks.

George Boyd

Be an interesting signing. He did fail a drugs test, which still hangs over him. However, showed a lot of guts to move to 5th division Belgiun football to rebuild his career. Some criticise his lack of pace, but he isn''t that sort of player, able to pick apart a defence with a well-placed short pass. Open to other opinions, as always.

Robert Snodgras

The saga continues...

Adam Clayton

Don''t know about this one, but seems ready to move from Leeds. Certainly has quality.

Aiden White

Another Leeds player. Young speedster of a LB. May be who Lambert opts for in that position. Would be welcome as he isn''t the problem with the Leeds defence!

Richard Keogh

Another Coventry player. 25 year old CB, has been named player of the season for the last couple of years. Don''t think he''s good enough.

Dani Pecheco

We all know what he can do and how much potential he has. Loved it here. Maybe its not a daft suggestion?

Henri Lansbury

Again, a player I like. Has he developed enough???

If you''ve made it this far, you have passed the test and you can be my friend.

Hopefully, some food for thought in amongst all the dribble.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]

Gael Bigirimana

He is a player akin to Essien or Toure-  [/quote]

Which one is he more like? Essien and Toure aren''t really that similar in playing style.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]George Boyd Be an interesting signing. He did fail a drugs test, which still hangs over him. However, showed a lot of guts to move to 5th division Belgiun football to rebuild his career. [/quote]

Did that actually happen?

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Militant Canary"]George Boyd Be an interesting signing. He did fail a drugs test, which still hangs over him. However, showed a lot of guts to move to 5th division Belgiun football to rebuild his career. [/quote]

Did that actually happen?

[/quote]

No! I''m sorry. I confused him with another Peterborough player. Not sure why. They''re nothing alike. That''s the problem when you write from memory.

I would like to formally apologise to the Boyd household.

Couple of weeks ago, in the BBC Gossip column, it said Everton were interested in signing Rodriguez for £8 million... And i''m sure I read somewhere that someone bid £4 million for him in January and that was rejected.

Mohammed Abdellaoue? No thanks - do we need another situation like we had with Safri? going missing for vital games through untimely international call-ups and bleedin'' fasting.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]FAO Shyster, I wasn''t aware Norway matches coincided with Premier League matches.[/quote]

Holy f*ck, he''s Norwegian?!?! [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img] I assumed with a name like that he was Egyptian or some such.