Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Missing players?

We knew in advance that Naughton was cup-tied, which is strange as we thoughtm he had him for a season-long loan. It seems that Spurs must have retained the power of re-call, and the implication is that an injury to Kyle Walker and we may lose Naughton.

Also missing from the squad on Saturday was Pilkington, which is surprising given his contribution against QPR - one (good) goal and one assist. Does anyone know if he is injured? Surely he was not being rested to avoid being cup-tied, with an imminent transfer elsewhere?

Well some say Pilkington swap for Naughton + dollar might be being worked. Can''t see it myself, Pilkington wouldn''t break into the Spurs midfield regularly.There was another missing player too. I couldn''t see that player we were supposed to have signed before hand according to BW.Oh wait, he''s now signing today, isn''t he

I think he just didn''t want to use Pilkington, so didn''t have him in the squad. I very much doubt Lambert is looking to sell him, even if Spurs want to give us a few million and Naughton (and why would any left winger want to join Spurs, how on earth are you going to get game time ahead of Bale?)

More like Lambert was just resting players, I''d think! I don''t see anything suspicious in Pilkington''s absence. To be honest, I''m surprised he sent out as strong a team as he did - Burnley would have been a perfect game to give Martin a deserved rest and let Francomb get some first team experience.