Sign in to follow this  
unique

Does Lambert now have one eye on next season?

The potential signing of Howson indicates to me that Lambert is as much building for next season as he is ''helping'' his current squad over this season''s line.

Howson''s injury suggests he won''t be playing anytime soon, so it also suggests that both Lambert, his team, and Howson firmly believe that Norwich will be in the Premiership next season.

It''s a marquee signing in so much as a ''one club'' player, club captain, born and bred in Leeds, is prepared to move to Norwich City. I''m also not sure this would have happened without the brilliant effort of management and players to have got NCFC into the top half of the PL thus far.

It is also a signing that underlines Paul Lambert has every intention of continuing his managerial career at NCFC for the forseeable future.

Howson continues in the tradition of buying goal-scoring midfielders, a policy that is paying great dividends this season, and something that got ignored for many a season pre-Lambert. I would also hazard to guess that Howson is in a much further state of development than either Pilkington or Bennett, and what a couple of gems they have turned out to be.

Whist everyone was focused on Snodgrass, Lambert moves in on Howson....is there no end to this man''s managerial nous?

fully agree. looking to the (bright) future though it sounds as though he will be available for the last two months of this season.