Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

I'd rather go down like Blackpool.....

[quote user="ron obvious"]I will be very surprised if Jackson succeeds at this level. Last season it struck me how often, & how easily, he was knocked off the ball. Players in the Prem are generally extremely strong on the ball. This was Grant''s biggest attribute last year, but it''s clearly nothing out of the ordinary against these defences. Strikers at the top level need to be very strong, as well as quick off the mark.[/quote]I can name a fair few slight strikers who get away without strength, Defoe the obvious one. Jackon''s goal to shot ratio last year for us was extraordinary, and whilst I rate Chris Martin, can''t help but feel that Jackson needs one less touch on the ball in the final third. Probably a confidence thing with Martin, but Jackson came back from the International break with a goal to his name, that''s why I''m surprised we didn''t see him today.

Yeah, Hoolahan should be in the team, no question. But I think keeping Crofts and Johnson in is a good idea.

I like Fox, and really rate him you may or may not remember a thread i created end of last season saying how key he was. But not sure how well he will do this season, but Tierney has already proven me wrong.

On another day, Crofts would have scored, he had at least 4 chances maybe more.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="ron obvious"]I will be very surprised if Jackson succeeds at this level. Last season it struck me how often, & how easily, he was knocked off the ball. Players in the Prem are generally extremely strong on the ball. This was Grant''s biggest attribute last year, but it''s clearly nothing out of the ordinary against these defences. Strikers at the top level need to be very strong, as well as quick off the mark.[/quote]I can name a fair few slight strikers who get away without strength, Defoe the obvious one. Jackon''s goal to shot ratio last year for us was extraordinary, and whilst I rate Chris Martin, can''t help but feel that Jackson needs one less touch on the ball in the final third. Probably a confidence thing with Martin, but Jackson came back from the International break with a goal to his name, that''s why I''m surprised we didn''t see him today. [/quote]I am aware there are several slight strikers, but they are all deceptively strong. It''s more a question of balance & co-ordination than sheer muscle strength. I  mean, how Crouch can even kick a ball without breaking a leg amazes me. Jackson looks quite powerful, but I''m afraid it doesn''t translate to power when it matters.