Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

The top three clubs you hate the most.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Liverpool for so, so many reasons.

Celtic because of their pro-IRA, anti-English stance yet loved by lots of English fans

Leeds; a new entry and knocking Wolves down to 4th. The arrogance of the club from top to bottom is astounding

[/quote]I''m pretty certain that Celtic don''t have a pro-IRA stance, that is a sweeping generalisation based on the fact that a minority of their fans air their prejudices in the stands. In fact the other half of the city have had a bigger problem with bigotry and racism over the years.Both of the old firm clubs have made a lot of progress in cleaning up the chants and introducing zero tolerance policies, labelling Celtic pro-IRA because of a few dimwitted fans is just silly, it''s a bit like calling West Ham a pro-violence club because a few thousand of their fans had a riot when they played Millwall. When Celtic brought 5000 fans to Carrow Road for the testimonial of Tim Sheppard they were impeccably well behaved, sung nothing inappropriate, and frankly created one of the best atmospheres that I have ever experienced at Carrow Road. Thankfully only a few dozen of the 12000 Norwich fans that could be bothered to turn up resorted to singing "no surrender to the IRA".With the way that Neil Lennon has been treated over the past couple of years, abuse which started purely because he was a catholic who played for Celtic whilst representing Northern Ireland, it appears that protestants are causing a lot more trouble than catholics right now. Celtic actually have a policy to sign players of any religion, whilst it wasn''t until 1989 that Rangers signed their first catholic player, and there haven''t been many since. You say that Celtic are "anti-English", yet they sign English players such as Fraser Forster, Chris Sutton, Dion Dublin.  To the contrary there have only ever been three Irish players ever to play for the Rangers first team. I can name nearly a dozen who have played for Norwich in the last few years.In terms of the attitude of the clubs themselves, I can assure you that Rangers discriminate against the Irish much more than Celtic have ever discriminated against protestants or the English. Discounting players out on loan, Celtic actually have one Irish player in their squad this year, they have three English players.

[quote user="Harry"]1p5wich - for obvious reasons

Wolves - scum fans

Welsh Teams - shouldn''t be in English Leagues[/quote]I don''t have any problem with them playing in the English Leagues, this goes back to before WWI, I''m not going to question people who were around before my great grandad. Throwing them out of the league now would be ludicrious.What I DO believe however is that they should be governed by the English FA. Otherwise the Welsh FA are in charge of disclipining players etc, which leaves a conflict of interest.

"When Celtic brought 5000 fans to Carrow Road for the testimonial of Tim Sheppard they were impeccably well behaved, sung nothing inappropriate, and frankly created one of the best atmospheres that I have ever experienced at Carrow Road."

they came to manchester to play city in a pre-season "friendly" 2 years ago. they lost. they were absolute scum. the violence before and after the game was shocking.it culminated in a 5 year old lad and his family getting attacked and beaten up. the kid was hit in the head by a house brick, he spent two weeks in hospital.

this came about 18 months after manchester had hosted the uefa cup final when the rangers element had rioted in the city.

they can stay in the joke league in scotland and they`re welcome to them.

[quote user="exiled blue"]"When Celtic brought 5000 fans to Carrow Road for the testimonial of Tim Sheppard they were impeccably well behaved, sung nothing inappropriate, and frankly created one of the best atmospheres that I have ever experienced at Carrow Road."

they came to manchester to play city in a pre-season "friendly" 2 years ago. they lost. they were absolute scum. the violence before and after the game was shocking.it culminated in a 5 year old lad and his family getting attacked and beaten up. the kid was hit in the head by a house brick, he spent two weeks in hospital.

this came about 18 months after manchester had hosted the uefa cup final when the rangers element had rioted in the city.

they can stay in the joke league in scotland and they`re welcome to them.[/quote]That has nothing to do with them being:a) catholicb) pro-IRAorc) anti-English If you need any evidence of that, then refer back to the not so recent past when pro-British, anti-Irish, Rangers FC smashed up Manchester and almost killed a copper. What that does mean is that....a) they have a hooligan elementb) some of them are scumbagsThe worst violence seen in Norwich was a game featuring your friends, Man Utd, whose fans decided to try and burn our city down. As per "they can stay in the joke league in scotland and they`re welcome to them.", I never said that I wanted them in the English league. Your stance is of course very liberal and open minded in comparison to that of the average Rangers fan, who would rather see them all hung.

What about when they displayed a anti poppy banner. Disgraceful club they really are. Will always support rangers when they play.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]What about when they displayed a anti poppy banner. Disgraceful club they really are. Will always support rangers when they play.[/quote]

As LeJuge says,every club has their fare share of idiots.Those that put up that sign showed a complete lack of respect for the thousands of their own Irish/catholic that have died fighting for/with the British.

Growing up surrounded by Irish/Celtic fans i will admit that one or two are ''Republican'' but the vast majority are sound and honest people,who happen to follow Celtic.

minority perhaps...however a higher amount then normal clubs. And supporting them just interbreeds this mentality.