Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

The 'Real' worrying thing about last night.............

Last nights team was not a reserve team or a ''B'' team. 5 of the players that started last night, started our first Premier League game away at Wigan.

The rest of the team consisted of our new signing (Ayala), A young Norwich lad that has been impressive and a possible long term NCFC player (Smith) and a striker (Jackson) whos form and goals at the back end of the season got us over the line. 

By no means was that was PL ''not bothered'' about the Carling Cup, he put out a side that should of brushed MK Dons aside. He put out a side of players who bar Smith and Wilbrham, are either players that could start on Saturday against Chelsea or players that are direct replacments should anyone come off injured on Saturday.

I think Lambert is not bothered about exiting the cup, but is bothered by the lack of commitment the players showed to the way he is planning to rotate the squad this season.  It will take all the players a while to get used to this, but the sulkiness will not go down well with him.I guess last night was a bit of a reaction from those who were "dropped" for the Stoke game, whereas that starting 11 should have been super motivated to demonstrate sharpness.  Am sure a lot of the team selection was purely pratical, he didn''t want anybody to start at Chelsea having not played for 2 weeks, they were all physically able to play on Tuesday and then another 90 against Chelsea, so it wasn''t exactly a death sentence for those who were selected.  Am guessing we will now see a stable starting line up for the next few games, close to what we used for Stoke, with Morrison / Wes mixed in.  Think Surman, R Martin, Ayala, Fox will have to do lots of impressing to get a start in the League anytime soon.

I really am not bothered about going out of the Cup at all. But when I saw the line up, I thought ''thats quite a strong side'' Had it included players like Oli, Cody, Mcnamee and Hughes, then there would be no cause for concern.

But realistically it would be no suprise (it probably would now) had 6-7 of the players that started last night, started on Saturday.