Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Players in the Prem

I know it is a little early to say which players are suited/good enough for the Prem and which aren''t but I feel that the first few games have already shown a few strengths and weaknesses.

Strengths

Ruddy - will make the odd mistake but which keeper doesn''t. Has the passion to succeed

De Laet/Barnett - Looked comfortable against one of the most difficult teams to play against; until Barnett got sent off

Tierney - How many good full-back are there in the prem, Tierney can attack and defend well with pace and aggression

Wingers - We should play with Pilkington and Bennett regularly as they can open up and expose teams with pace and direct play. Could mean Lambert should sign back ups here.

Holt & Morison - Holt is clever and will give centre backs a torrid time, Morison showed PL quality against Wigan.

C Martin - really grew into the game vs Wigan and has the arrogance and all round ability to succeed in the PL, definitely a good choice as a back up striker.

Weaknesses

When we don''t have the ball - The first two games we were allowed plenty of posession, will be interesting to see how we cope with Chelsea probably having 60% + of the ball.

Surman - looks like he is running in quicksand, weakened us defensively vs Stoke and doesn''t have the pace needed in PL. I see why Wolves sold him. Technically a sound player, but don''t think that is enough in the PL these days.

Jackson - The goal surge at the end of last season has exaggerated his ability. Lack of control or sense positionally at this level.

May be a bit early to judge, be these are my early thoughts.

OTBC