Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Attitude

I think the attitude of the team now has to be called into question.  At the start of the season, every single player out on the pitch would fight for their lives, scrap for every ball even at 2-0 and the results reflected that (2-2 away to Newcastle, 1-1 away to Man C), but on Saturday and at Upton last week especially the team simply did not get off the coach.

For 90 minutes against Villa they were sloppy.  I accept that the biggest offenders (Mulryne, Brennan, Drury) would not be on the pitch if we had a fully fit squad but surely this would increase their desire to play well, instead they seem like they are waiting to be replaced and are looking forward to a rest on the bench for the remainder of the season.

People are very concerned that we are not getting any new personnel in at the back, and to a certain extent I agree, but the players who are here did a job for us at the start of the season - where has that never-say-die attitude gone?

It''s all well and good Fleming coming up with media friendly rhetoric ("Strength Through Adversity etc.") but we need to see it on the pitch, and soon, or we may as well start booking our travel to Pride Park next season.

When I travelled to Old Trafford and Spurs earlier in the season, despite not winning I felt proud of the team''s spirit and commitment.  After the last couple of weeks I have been travelling home feeling embarrassed and wondering why I bothered to turn up - the team don''t.

I agree splendid, I believe Worthy is protecting the players by saying how great Villa were on Saturday but deep down he will be aware that a number of players were lacking commitment & some simply not good enough. Saturday was my darkest day of the season & the only thing I could bring home with me was that Ashton is going to be very good & he showed promising signs of linking up with Leon.

Losing has become a habbit for the players and they need to snap out of it quickly. It wasn''t a great performance from Villa on Saturday, they are an incredibly average team who had to do the bare minimum to brush us aside. 

I totally agree, i was so digusted with Saturdays performance  (following on from west ham) i have vowed not to go to any more away games and am struggling to justify going to the home ones. When we get beat, it spoils my weekend, but to get beat whilst appearing not to try is even worse. I work hard for my money its a shame the players don''t