Sign in to follow this  
Bill

One more down

That''s Reading blown another two points

Two more wins from us and we will finish higher than Reading and Swansea

And if Cardiff lose against QPR and draw with Burnley (or visa versa) and up we go ! ! ! ! !

(on the 83 points I predicted way, way back *)

Even if Cardiff get more points from one of those games we will still have another game to match them (assuming we win the two games)

Also tonights result looks like the ''dirty Leeds'' miss out on the playoffs .... oh dear

* smug git

Personally I think it''s now a two horse race between us and Cardiff for the second automatic spot.  I realise that mathematically this is not the case, but realistically I think it is.

Even if Swansea win their game in hand they are in the same boat as Reading 4 points behind with 3 games left, albeit Swansea have a worse goal difference than us and Reading a better one..  With the teams we have left to play, I just can''t see Reading or Swansea getting the minimum 4 points more than us over the last 3 games they would need to finish above us.

I am praying for a QPR win tomorrow and hopefully by a couple of goals or more would be nice.

I am not counting my chickens or anything and we all know what happenend the match after the demolition of Scunthorpe, but I just can''t see us not beating Derby.  Derby are playing at home to Burnley tomorrow and then have to travel to us on Monday.  Burnley are tough team to play and Derby will have 2 less days rest than us.  In fact more than 2 less days rest when you factor in their travel time to us.  I know nothing is guaranteed but I think that even if we are level at half time against Derby, they will tire in the second half and we will score a couple of goals.

Even if both Swansea and Reading win as well on Monday, they will still be 4 points behind us with only 2 games left.

This is why I think it is now just a two horse race and of the remaining games, on paper, ours look easier than Cardiff''s.  Here''s hoping, praying even.  Come on!

TeamPGDPTS
Full Npower Championship table
1QPR423883
2Norwich432377
3Cardiff422475
4Reading432673
5Swansea421870
6Nott''m Forest431166
7Leeds431066
8Hull42663
9Burnley42363
10Millwall421261