Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

OTBC 100 YEARS

Correct me if I am wrong but the oldest living football song in the world comes of age this year. Surely something should be done to celebrate the centenary ?

How about a band aid style rendition or indeed a professional recording of carrow road in full voice for posterity. Maybe both

Any Ideas or thoughts ?

No!! It wasnt uninteresting at all... I just thought that there have already recordings, but you are right,maybe smoething should be done for it. I''m not sure how but if someone half important gets in touch with the club then they may have some influence...

As I''ve said before, I think The Darkness should do a version. I''d buy it. So come on Justin, I know you like to lurk round here - get singing!

For me, there have been all too few recordings of On the Ball City over the years.  The most criminal example that I can remember was that awful, awful version that came out at the end of the 80s by that guy who sounded like he should be in the Lee Vasey Band or something.  I think he called it The Canary Rock N Roll or something... Terrible... The Horror! The Horror!

As for the possibility of a Darkness-inspired version, now that would be something!  Yeah, air guitar!

One thing that must exist, but I wouldn''t know where to get it, is a Barclay crowd recorded version.  I''m sure there are a few around, but if this is the Centenary year of our song, then I would think that it would be a good time to bring them out of the archives again and get them into the shops. I''d buy one.

Better still, why not commission a new recording at one of the home games?  Just choose a game where the away fans aren''t likly to spoil it, get the mikes on the pitch at half time and Captain Canary can rouse the crowd to fever pitch for the rendition.

Better still, just put the mikes around the running track and start recording whenever we score an equaliser to make it 4-4.  I''d love a copy...

[quote]As I''ve said before, I think The Darkness should do a version. I''d buy it. So come on Justin, I know you like to lurk round here - get singing![/quote]

Good call Fool.  However recently I''ve been wondering; Are The Darkness actually Norwich fans or did they just jump on the bandwagon around the time they broke through and we started doing well again!?

Correct me if I''m wrong but can you remember Justin at a Norwich match?