Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

One thing that annoys me......

............is City''s reluctance to give the youngsters a chance.

Almost every Premiership game (5/6 per week) I watch it seems that teams are playing 1 or 2 ''unknown'' 19/20 year olds e.g Palace (Routledge & Watson), Arsenal, Man City, Villa etc.

If they are good enough they are old enough!

It seems that the supporters will have to come down on Worthy''s head  like we did with Leon, for him to see if Shackell and Jarvis can cut it or not.

Anybody out there agree, or am I a lone voice..........  

OTBC - now''s your chance.

I agree in principle to what you''re saying that all players need a chance at some point when starting their careers, but you''ve kind of answered your own question with "if they''re good enough, they''re old enough" perhaps, and this is only perhaps, they''re just not good enough and this is why their chances have been limited...

its probably because of the treatment meted out on Hendo that makes Worthy reluctant to risk of other young players.

it seems to me a young player having a below average game is fair game for some fans whereas an established international from a super league can play like a complete donkey and be excused

Fillet. I think that if they''re good enough they won''t get the ''treatment''.

Why are we giving Bentley work experience for Arsenal''s benefit and yet won''t give our lads a chance????? [Dale Gordon and Ruel Fox must be thankful they didn''t have to grow up under Worthy!].

It''s a hard world, the Premiership. No room for sentiment. Look at the rate of player turnover at e.g Bolton, Portsmouth, Birmingham etc.

If Worthy''s not sure about Shackell and Jarvis, then loan them out -both to find out and further their education in the school of hard knocks.

If they''re good enough, then treat them like gold and give them a chance. 

OTBC