Sign in to follow this  
minestrone

Trains to Charlton

Am going to Charlton by train from Norwich and wondered what train to get to give me plenty of time (and atmosphere) What train are other city fans using and also are you getting off at Stratford to go via Greenwich as suggested on National Rail site?

I believe me and my friends are going on the 8 train from Norwich. Also I go to uni in Greenwich and too be honest you may be better just going all the way to Liverpool street going to london bridge and getting the train from London Bridge to Charlton. DLR only runs about every 10-15 minutes I believe from Stratford, takes about 25 minutes to Greenwich and there are always some sort of works going on DLR at weekends these days. Get the tube to London bridge from liverpool street will take you about 10 on the tube and then trin from London Bridge will take you abotu 15 minutes and they run about every 10 minutes. If you do decide to get off at Stratford via Greenwich and have a bit of free time get off at Cutty Sark as its only about a five minute walk from Greenwich station and there are quite a few pubs including a wetherspoons right near there

[quote user="ncfc4life"]I believe me and my friends are going on the 8 train from Norwich. Also I go to uni in Greenwich and too be honest you may be better just going all the way to Liverpool street going to london bridge and getting the train from London Bridge to Charlton. DLR only runs about every 10-15 minutes I believe from Stratford, takes about 25 minutes to Greenwich and there are always some sort of works going on DLR at weekends these days.

Get the tube to London bridge from liverpool street will take you about 10 on the tube and then trin from London Bridge will take you abotu 15 minutes and they run about every 10 minutes. If you do decide to get off at Stratford via Greenwich and have a bit of free time get off at Cutty Sark as its only about a five minute walk from Greenwich station and there are quite a few pubs including a wetherspoons right near there
[/quote]

Don''t book Train tickets yet, chance of another strike that weekend

If you are going by train go to lvpool st, but there are works on underground that day so it will be best to walk to london bridge from lvpool st and then train from there to Charlton