Sign in to follow this  
Shen1

Does Francis need a rest?

Having just watched the highlights on NCTV, the man Francis looked a bit lack lustre, maybe its time to give Mulryne his chance of glory, can somebody who has been to the recent games can shed some light on the situation.

I have to say I thought Francis was superb on Tuesday. I''m a big fan of the lad. He battled and tackled well in what was a tough game. I know when Mullers came on he was playing in a different position (on the right) but I felt he was far less effective than Francis. Stick with what we''ve got in my opinion.

No I dont think he needs a rest.

I thought Francis had a good game too and I agree that he is a definite starter against the binners. My only issue with Francis is that sometimes he appears to lack committment and daydreams through games - that was not the case on Tuesday though.

Mullers looked woefully out of touch and his passing - his great strength - was appalling giving away possession far too frequently.

OTBC

Totally agree, I think Francis had a good solid game, dealing with WBA attacks alongside Holt efficiently, especially as we played a 4 man midfield and WBA had a 5 man midfield... A rest isn''t required at the moment, maybe in a month or so, but I think he''ll see the season out now, barring any injuries...