Sign in to follow this  
Libbra Lives in Dubai

Norwich fans in Dubai?

My brother who currently works in Qatar is moving to Dubai in the next couple of months but he''s an Arsenal fan.[:P] If it''s anything like Qatar then you''ll have no problem following English football and there are plenty of other ex-pat football fans to watch a game and have a beer with.

[quote user="Libbra Lives"]A long shot, but are there any City fans in Dubai on this board? I''m about to move out there and want to know if there is much coverage on tv. Would also be good to celebrate our promotion in a few months![/quote]

Dont wanna be nosey but what is it you do? Do u need an ex forces engineer at what ever company you are gonna work for?

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]My brother who currently works in Qatar is moving to Dubai in the next couple of months but he''s an Arsenal fan.[:P] If it''s anything like Qatar then you''ll have no problem following English football and there are plenty of other ex-pat football fans to watch a game and have a beer with.[/quote]

Qatar is garbage to watch football and have a beer, it used to be ok but the goverment has enforced strict laws regarding drinking. Dubai on the other hand is superb and has loads of Expat bars in Bur Dubai and on the Marina.

[quote user="Libbra Lives"]A long shot, but are there any City fans in Dubai on this board? I''m about to move out there and want to know if there is much coverage on tv. Would also be good to celebrate our promotion in a few months![/quote]

Libbra, You will get to see loads of live footy in Dubai but you will not get to see any Football league. If you need any info regarding general stuff feel free to email me and i will help if i can. nmacleod@qatargas.com.qa

[quote user="Neil_MacLeod"]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]My brother who currently works in Qatar is moving to Dubai in the next couple of months but he''s an Arsenal fan.[:P] If it''s anything like Qatar then you''ll have no problem following English football and there are plenty of other ex-pat football fans to watch a game and have a beer with.[/quote]

Qatar is garbage to watch football and have a beer, it used to be ok but the goverment has enforced strict laws regarding drinking. Dubai on the other hand is superb and has loads of Expat bars in Bur Dubai and on the Marina.

[/quote]Well I was in Doha with him last August and the beer was free flowing while I was there, I know you have to have that licence thingy but we never struggled for a beer at any of the places he took me to or at his apartment. I was supposed to be going back for the England game but sadly I couldn''t make it.[:(]

Group set up for UAE Canaries on FB

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UAE-CANARIES/107169127093?ref=ts

Phil Bray runs the Group, quality guy and I think a number of them are looking to come over for a game soon.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Neil_MacLeod"]

[/quote]Well I was in Doha with him last August and the beer was free flowing while I was there, I know you have to have that licence thingy but we never struggled for a beer at any of the places he took me to or at his apartment. I was supposed to be going back for the England game but sadly I couldn''t make it.[:(][/quote]

Yes beer is available if you have a license but over the last 9 months or so they have started to crack down on who is drinking in the bars and you have to show ID or Passport. It has certainly changed for the worse over the last 2 years. who does your brother work for?

Yes about 20 of us.  I am one ad a founder member of the UAE supports club set up by Phil Bray.  I work in tourism so send me a private message and i will drop you my mobile number or email me on stjohncooper@hotmail.com

Dot get many games out here but if they are on in the Uk you will see them in Dubai

OTBC

St.John

Cheers for the responses guys. I would''ve replied sooner but it''s been a bit manic moving over here. I''m now over here and looking for a place in the Marina. Would be awesome to link up for a beer at some point and maybe watch some footy. I''m also interested in playing, having run a team back in the UK.

Oh - sorry but I''m really not sure my company would be looking for engineers -I''m a business psychologist.