Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Can someone interpret this for me, please?

Just read this quote from Worthy on Sky Sports, following today''s game -

"Our situation, as far as the window is concerned, is one player is not going to help our situation. We don''t have enough money to do it. It''s going to take three or fours players and we can''t do that."

I may have this wrong, but that statement infers that we won''t be buying anyone over the next few days. What do other people think?  

Seems clear enough Link !  he aint going to buy ....... 

Cause ... it could just be a double bluff  ,  there`s plenty of clubs out there  checking  out our plight  , and slavering at the thought of unloading their rejects !!!!!    

I read it that he wont be able to get all the players he would like as competition from other clubs will push prices out of our reach - it could mean none if prices get stupid - £1.5m for Robbie Blake is a prime example of silly money for a player out of contract (I think) in the summer.

Given Svens knees I cant see us not getting one striker with some league experience - Morientes come on down!!!!

We must be able to sign someone on loan - a central defender and a striker remains a must.

OTBC

[quote]Could also be a message for the board... We''re not going to stay up unless you allow cash for three or four new players[/quote]

I think beds could be right.  Worthy must have gone to the board last year and said "Look, if you stump up the cash for Hucks, I''ll get you up."  They did and he has.  Maybe he''s going to guilt trip them this year as well!  Lets hope so