Sign in to follow this  
Clint

FOA Anyone Who Knows Nottingham.....

Did anyone watch the game in Notts? the Fellows / Approach didn''t have it on, so we went to the Walkabout and I think only 1 other person was watching it! still, good win, even with that crap beer.

[quote user="Marty"]Did anyone watch the game in Notts? the Fellows / Approach didn''t have it on, so we went to the Walkabout and I think only 1 other person was watching it! still, good win, even with that crap beer.[/quote]

That was probably me mate - I tried a few pubs but they were all showing the Welsh derby (which I could understand, had I been in Wales!!!) but ended up in Walkabout where the nice young lady behind the bar was more than accomodating and agreed to put it on just for me! 

I was definately the only person to sit through the full 90 (oh and my better half but she was hungover and reading the paper so probably doesn''t count) but at 1 point I had quite a crowd forming and there must have been a massive 5 or 6 people paying cursery glance to the screen!

Ah Clint, you were not alone, I take it you had the nice table looking up at the TV above the bar? wearing a white top? I watched it on a tv behind you, it was not such a great pic but at least I got a nice comfy seat, although by about rugby time I did feel like people resented me having this on the TV! I think I remember seeing the crowd near your for a few mins wondering if the number of Norwich fans had swollen to 5 or 6. My missus quite enjoyed people watching.

[quote user="Marty"]Ah Clint, you were not alone, I take it you had the nice table looking up at the TV above the bar? wearing a white top? I watched it on a tv behind you, it was not such a great pic but at least I got a nice comfy seat, although by about rugby time I did feel like people resented me having this on the TV! I think I remember seeing the crowd near your for a few mins wondering if the number of Norwich fans had swollen to 5 or 6. My missus quite enjoyed people watching.[/quote]

Yep, that was me.  I didn''t realise anyone else was watching it.  I know what you mean about the rugby crowd, I felt very alone at that stage so I made a quick getaway at the final whistle and let them have their TV back!       

Clint, I feel a bit bad for not saying hi now, just being shy. My missus was more bothered about getting somewhere to sit for lunch. I was getting a little concerned after trying 2 pubs beforehand and getting stared at for asking if the game was on.

[quote user="Marty"]Clint, I feel a bit bad for not saying hi now, just being shy. My missus was more bothered about getting somewhere to sit for lunch. I was getting a little concerned after trying 2 pubs beforehand and getting stared at for asking if the game was on.[/quote]

No worries mate, I had the same problem.  I''d tried a couple of pubs and Walkabout was my last chance before jumping in a cab and heading to Southbank bar so just glad to get a decent perch before kick off.  I''m very unsociable when watching footy as I just get too into it and my Mrs was feeling a bit tender from the night before so we probably wouldn''t have been much fun anyhow!!!