Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Lets not get carried away

Lots of people on here are saying we will ''thrash'' Col U and we will ''steam roll'' them and I tense up every time people say these things.  Lots of people are saying that we will win because we played well and won in a pre season friendly againsnt premier league opposition, for god sake IT WAS A PRE SEASON FRIENDLY although Wigan put out a strong side you can not tell me that they were trying their full 110%.  Also, yes we have made some good signings but you need them to be able to work, and to do that you need a good manager, and who can remember Gunn''s last six (proper) games in charge??????

I think we just need to calm down or we might end up with egg on our faces, however if after the first four games we are unbeaten then I will come back on here and you lot can laugh at me but lets wait and see.

To me, pre-seasons are all about what Norwich do as team when they have the ball regardless of the overall scoreline. Seeing how our players work together, with all of them being new to the club, is what matters to me.

Personally having seen what we have done when in possession against a lot of defences worse than our standard of football, and one team miles better than our standard, we look to have gelled fairly quickly.

However I don''t think mentioning Gunn''s last six proper games in charge is fair on him. We need to forget about what he did last season with Roeder''s players.

Personally I think we are capable of beating Colchester but I doubt it will be the rout people are saying it may be.