Sign in to follow this  

What is going on Canary fans?

Seriously, after the Everton game, everyone was heaping praise on Leon for what was a superb, determined performance! And now, one league game on, everyone is ruling him out and saying that he''s a "headless chicken". Seriously, I''ve never heard so many fickle comments!

Svensson on the other hand, was being HEAVILY criticised from all angles, and now, after 2 starts, he''s the best thing since sliced bread!

Sort it out guys.

I don''t think EVERYONE was slagging Leon off.  I think that people just get frustrated with his rushed finishing. He gets in great positions and works really hard, but sometimes the finish isn''t quite there, it will happen for him.

As regards to Svensson, he looked tired & jaded in the first few games, but since being dropped he has obviously worked hard and rightfully, won his place back. It would be nice to see him in more goalscoring positions though.

I never criticised Svensson, he''s a class player and (in my opinion) our version of Teddy Sheringham. He never had a chance in the first couple of games, and was out on his ear too quickly for my liking.

As for Leon, his touch has let him down on numerous occassions this season, and although he harrasses defenders, that doesn''t make a prem striker in my book. I hope he gets another couple of chances though and improves his touch.

You know what I mean though.

How can people have such varying viewpoints when they are all given the same information to judge them on (ie. Going to the match).

I think Svensson''s performances have been an improvement, but so far he has only proved that he is good in the "non-threatening" areas. Still, you must admit, there are several posters whose verdicts on certain issues change with the wind.

At the start of the season, the majority of fans were calling for Leon to be in the side. He''s come in, started most games this season, and I''ve only seen 1 poor performance from him, and suddenly there are people on his back.

Leon has been unlucky on many occasions thus far, he has been getting in threatening positions, working very hard for the team (more than you can say about Doherty/Helveg), and I''m certain that he will start scoring on a consistent basis.

Please, back the players, don''t shoot them down.

The away supporters have the right idea, take the way they chanted Svensson''s name even when he made a mistake last season. And of course, they chanted Greeno''s name after his error on Monday.

Our luck will change, but only if we have the right attitude and show the players the support they deserve.

I totally agree Dom.

I think there should be some kind of "game allowance" that makes every player exempt from criticism until they''ve played at least 6 games.

Svensson got 1 and a half games, and Helveg roughly the same at right back. They cannot and should not be judged on that unless we KNOW that they are

1, not pulling their weight or
2, have always been rubbish at other clubs or in the past.