Sign in to follow this  
groaninjock

A First-Time Visitor's View

Personally I would say your view of Mooney is extremely harsh, there were far worse out there today (Carney, Croft, Otsemobor). He was guilty of not getting into the box quick enough a couple of times, but he was the only one I could ever see scoring of the lot out there.

good viewpoint from a neutral!

nice to hear we could beat a few SPL teams too.. isnt Scottish football shyte? and theres some people who think Rangers and Celtic should enter the premiership. they''d be relegation fodder!

jas :)

No, Rangers and Celtic would be top 10 in the Premiership based on their current squads - don''t forget they''ve both been European finalists in the past six seasons. And with their current fan bases, they''d be top five and title challengers within a few years if they started pulling in Premiership money.

But yes, Norwich would probably be mid-table in the current SPL. They''ve got a better ground than all the current SPL sides except the Old Firm, and some of the players looked quite useful yesterday. Scottish football has its moments, but the crowds are much smaller, the grounds are much smaller and the clubs are generally much smaller. But there is still some quality to be found there, especially since the clubs stopped relying on rubbish foreign imports and started producing their own players again. Take into account that Marshall, Gow and Killen all left Scottish football because they couldn''t get a game, albeit with the Old Firm clubs.

I sincerely hope that Norwich stay up, I really enjoyed myself yesterday, really liked the ground and the fans I was sitting beside, it seems like a properly run club that knows its place in the community, something that I think is sorely lacking in too many places in British football nowadays.

[quote user="groaninjock"]

No, Rangers and Celtic would be top 10 in the Premiership based on their current squads - don''t forget they''ve both been European finalists in the past six seasons. And with their current fan bases, they''d be top five and title challengers within a few years if they started pulling in Premiership money.

But yes, Norwich would probably be mid-table in the current SPL. They''ve got a better ground than all the current SPL sides except the Old Firm, and some of the players looked quite useful yesterday. Scottish football has its moments, but the crowds are much smaller, the grounds are much smaller and the clubs are generally much smaller. But there is still some quality to be found there, especially since the clubs stopped relying on rubbish foreign imports and started producing their own players again. Take into account that Marshall, Gow and Killen all left Scottish football because they couldn''t get a game, albeit with the Old Firm clubs.

I sincerely hope that Norwich stay up, I really enjoyed myself yesterday, really liked the ground and the fans I was sitting beside, it seems like a properly run club that knows its place in the community, something that I think is sorely lacking in too many places in British football nowadays.

[/quote]Oh and Killen may be injured but that isn''t why he didn''t play. We sent him back to Celtic because he is dire, but we are paying his wages and have the right to bring him back at any time

[quote user="groaninjock"]

[/quote]

I go to up to Rangers every so often and watch quite a lot of SPL football on Setanta. In my opinion if Rangers and Celtic were in the Championship they would probably just about make the play-offs. Top 10 in the Premier League? Very doubtful mate...